Accountant – Finance Department
Portlaoise, Republic of Ireland
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Who we are looking for
Due to the expansion and growth in our business, we are looking to recruit a Finance Professional to join our team as an Accountant. This role is being offered initially on a 9 month contract but does have the likelihood of being extended also. If you would like the opportunity to further develop your experience in a fast paced, multi divisional and commercially focused role, we would like to hear from you.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure the reporting requirements to the Enva Group are fully complied with. (For example; month-end, year-end requirements and other reporting requirements).
- To complete on a timely basis all day to day tasks required as part of the role (A list of the day to day tasks currently required can be provided if necessary).
- To investigate and resolve issues or queries as they arise in addition to the day to day responsibilities. (For example; Ad-hoc efficiency & improvement initiatives / cost saving projects / taxation queries / accounting treatment queries).
- To prepare and complete the various ROI statutory accounts and corporation tax returns in full compliance with legislation and standards.
- To prepare and submit all statutory returns required (ie: CSO etc).
- Ensure capital spend is fully in compliance with group capital approval procedures.
- To ensure the financial information produced by Enva is compliant with Irish GAAP and IFRS where relevant. You will be required to keep fully up-to-date with changing legislative requirements.
- To participate in cross training and contingency initiatives within the dept. as required. (ie: this position is an Enva ROI position and you may be required to support the activities of other sites located in Shannon , Cork and Dublin).
- To attend monthly meetings with the Divisional representatives to address any issues and to drive the improvement of processes.
- To ensure that “best-practice” controls and procedures are in place surrounding the activities of the company and the finance dept.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience Required
- Qualified/part-qualified accountant
- Relevant industry experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on an individual basis and part of a team
- Ability to work methodically with strong organisational and administration skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer literacy and financial systems experience
- Flexible to meet changing demands of the business
The above description is a general outline of the requirements of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and may be added to in the future depending on the needs of the business.
If you wish to apply for this role please hit apply below.
Enva Ireland Ltd. is an Equal Opportunities Employer