Shannon, Republic of Ireland
At Enva we are committed to Recycling and Resource Recovery; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We support the life cycle of waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, closed-loop recycling solutions. We also provide a complete portfolio of water and waste water services. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking to recruit an EHS Professional to lead the day to day management of health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues for the Shannon plant/ site operations (on and off site). The role will involve all aspects of HSE and will act as a key support to the Operations team on HSE compliance. If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, we would like to hear from you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day management of HSE systems and standards for Enva’s Shannon facility and reporting of any issues to the Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Generate, review and update documents such as standard operating procedures, method statements for off-site work and risk assessments (both operational and chemical) with HSE requirements.
- Source and maintain adequate stock of appropriate PPE for staff operating on and off-site.
- Update and maintain asset manager database for equipment for the site and ensure that all plant and equipment is compliant with statutory requirements.
- Liaise and communicate with regulatory authorities (EPA, HSA etc.) as required.
- Co-ordinate all regulatory correspondence and license reporting/ requirements.
- Ensure adequate monitoring of safety risks throughout the operations e.g. chemicals, hazardous environments, ergonomics, mechanical, electrical and others as they arise.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the requirements of the Environmental Management System and Safety Management systems (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
- Ensure that communication is maintained to management & staff of key HSE related issues, this includes taking a lead role in weekly and monthly site HSE meetings and forums where the health, safety and environmental performance of the company and division are discussed.
- Monitor HSE performance for the activity through regular site inspections and ensure corrective actions are implemented in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure effective control of contractors while on site.
- Produce reports for management on a regular basis to summarise HSE performance and identify key areas of weakness.
- Develop and Deliver information and training to staff in core safety subjects.
- Maintain records and systems which form part of the integrated management systems, regulatory licenses/permits or other compliance schemes relevant to the business.
- Thoroughly investigate and record all accidents, incidents and near misses which may occur. This includes ensuring effective root cause analysis has been carried out and corrective actions identified.
- Promote a strong safety culture among staff through development of safety initiatives and regular communication forums.
- Liaise and assist the Group HSE Manager regarding HSE issues as and when required.
- Maintain, monitor and ensure progress on internal audits required to be carried out. Ensure that findings of internal audits are communicated to relevant departments and any issues are corrected as appropriate.
The above description is a general outline of the requirements of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and may be added to in the future depending on the needs of the business.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience Required:
- Third level qualification in health and safety / science/ engineering related discipline
- Relevant hands on experience in a similar environment (e.g. manufacturing/ operational/project management) is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- PC literate; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, E-mail etc.
- DGSA qualification or knowledge of the carriage of dangerous good by road