Shannon, Republic of Ireland
Main purpose of role:
To direct, record and control all export waste from Enva Shannon in compliance with all legislative and administrative requirements, and in line with our EPA licence.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
Exports/ Stock Control
- To assist in the management of all exports within the business in a safe, compliant, efficient, profitable manner tying in with all relevant local authorities and regulatory bodies regarding same.
- Management of documentation relating to the shipment and disposal of waste within Ireland and to Europe and inspection of waste for export.
- To identify and investigate new waste outlets to the business as the needs of the business require.
- Manage utilization of bank bonds.
- To ensure that waste for export is moved within 6 months of arrival on site and to track/ record same
- To maintain accurate waste figures and to compile waste reports for the facility
- To suggest & implement improvements to increase the efficiency of the export or other operational areas
- To raise TFS documentation/ renewals etc. in a timely and efficient manner and ensure all are up to date.
- Advising on segregation / packaging of waste streams, and ensuring compliance with transport regulations.
- To act as a point of contact within the company for DGSA related queries and to provide advice and guidance in this regard.
- To maintain accurate information in relation to DGSA and to prepare annual DGSA reports.
- To ensure all export loads are prepared, loaded and exported in accordance with DGSA and IMDG requirements.
- To prepare all necessary paperwork labelling, dispatch dockets, dangerous goods notes, UN #s etc.) as required on a daily basis
- To follow up on certificates of disposal for customers in a timely and efficient manner
The above description is a general outline of the requirements of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and may be added to in the future depending on the needs of the business.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience Required:
- Third level qualification in a Science or Environmental related discipline (chemistry/ environmental science/environmental engineering) or relevant experience in a similar role would also be considered.
- DGSA qualification, or knowledge and experience of ADR and IMDG regulations would be an advantage.
- 1 – 3 years experience in the waste/environmental industry an advantage
- Good report writing skills, proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills to build relationships within the existing team and amongst suppliers and local authorities.
- Ability to quickly understand the technical and operational issues facing the waste sector across Ireland and Europe.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities