Fleet and Compliance Manager
Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, with locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
Our site in Nottinghamshire, Enva England Specialist Waste Ltd, is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services to the UK's motor vehicle franchise network. Offering a wide selection of services, we are the total waste partner to a variety of industry sectors.
Fleet and Compliance Manager- The Role:
- To ensure the safe, legally compliant and efficient day to day management of the fleet whilst delivering the most cost-effective solutions for fleet maintenance
- To manage the vehicle maintenance and service of a fleet of 50+ HGVs on a daily basis, including rigid and articulated vehicles, some based at satellite depots around UK
- To ensure that all legal/compliance record keeping and reporting is always up to date and communicated effectively
- To ensure that all vehicles are operated in compliance with all relevant legislation at all times
- To ensure the most cost effective and efficient use of resources to maximise profitability, including balancing the use of internal resource and external service providers. To oversee a refurbishment program to upgrade ageing fleet to meet brand and quality standards
- To supervise the on-site fitter, planning and allocating workload appropriately.
Fleet and Compliance Manager - Key Responsibilities:
- To assist Transport Manager in managing all aspects of the company Operator license
- Ensure that all DVSA compliance standards as well as companies own compliance standards are adhered to at all times. This includes timely scheduling for PMI, MOT, drivers’ routine checks
- Plan and schedule vehicle service, MOT, other defect maintenance, pressure tests, LOLER inspections and other related and proactive maintenance
- Daily monitoring of relevant KPI's, attend monthly meeting and produce performance report of equipment and processes, including volumes, downtime and staff performance together with cost and revenue items
- Effectively utilise day to day use of fleet management system to streamline operational activities
- Daily monitoring the defect reports from the company defect reporting IT system
- Manage Truck Refurb programme
Knowledge, Training, Experience, Technical and Personal Skills:
- HGV Class 1 or Class 2
- CPC National Operators Licence (Haulage)
- Experience of FORS Accreditation
- Good knowledge of Transport and Driver Regulations
- Proactive and safety focused approach
- Hands on and methodical, organised with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively and to plan and manage own agenda
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective and positive working relationships within and outside of the department
- Highly focused on delivering results and objectives with a strong personal commitment to supporting the business in achieving its goals in a changing environment
- Must demonstrate high levels of integrity and adopt a professional approach in all interactions – should be transparent, open and honest in all dealings
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong PC and technical knowledge and skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- Experience working within waste industry most desirable, however, alternate industries with relevant experience will be considered
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
- Experience of tankers / pipework and pumps