General Operator/Forklift Driver
Shannon, Republic of Ireland
Reporting to: Plant Manager
Location: Enva Shannon
At Enva we are committed to Recycling and Resource Recovery; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We recover waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, full closed-loop recycling solutions. We also provide a complete portfolio of water and waste water services. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
The Successful candidate will play a key role in providing support to the activities of the hazardous waste division as appropriate on a day to day basis and to assist other areas of the business as and when required.
Reporting to the Plant Foreman, responsibilities in this varied role will include;
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- To carry out all required work including but not limited to:
- Driving and operation of company vehicles including Forklifts
- Off-loading of deliveries and acceptance of wastes on-site, including operation of weighbridge and completion of all associated paperwork and administration necessary as requested by your supervisor or as the business needs dictate.
- Movement of wastes into and out of appropriate storage areas throughout the site.
- Preparation of loads for export / movement off-site and loading of shipping containers and a safe manner, in accordance with site procedures and as directed by DGSA or your Manager
- To follow all Standard Operating Procedures and company policies at all times
- To communicate any issues that arise within the process to the Plant Manager immediately
- To maintain and repair work materials and kits as directed by your manager and to report any lost/ damaged equipment immediately.
- To carry out checks, inspections and audits as directed by your manager.
- To attend company meetings, training courses etc. as required
- To be flexible to carry out other duties as may be requested by your Manager from time to time, including off-site work.
- To provide direct operational support to any and all areas of the business as required and as reasonably requested by the company including but not limited to support for on-site/off-site operations in Shannon
- To act courteously and communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, Enva personnel and other personnel encountered within your role;
- To foster and develop good customer and public relations at all times and to portray a professional image of the company;
- To report for work in a timely manner and to conduct work as scheduled to company and customer satisfaction;
- To work within the instructions and procedures of the Company’s systems as directed by your Supervisor or other management as appropriate
- To conduct all duties in a constructive, efficient and productive manner at all times;
- To act diligently and professionally in the interests of the Company;
- To report any personal circumstances that would affect your ability to legally perform your duties.
Key Requirements & Qualifications Desired:
- Forklift License essential.
- 1-2 years similar relevant experience desirable.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be modified as appropriate to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the business.