Lead Process Chemist
Primarily based in Shannon with some flexibility to travel to other sites., Republic of Ireland
At Enva we are committed to Recycling and Resource Recovery; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We recover waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, full closed-loop recycling solutions. We also provide a complete portfolio of water and waste water services. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
The Successful candidate will play a key role in providing requirement to fulfil batch specification and discharge requirements for liquid treatment and site requirement with the role expanding to assist in the development of processing capabilities in Portlaoise & Greenogue.
Responsibilities in this varied role will include;
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- To understand and determine batch processing/recipe /compatibility and assist in the pricing of wastes for treatment.
- To liaise with Sales/Logistics and develop and maintain weekly planning of waste treatment stocks, schedule in accordance with tankers and packaged waste deliveries; to ensure stocks assigned for site treatment do not exceed a 6 month period of storage before processing
- To devise process strategies for varying chemical wastes in a safe, competitive, cost effective and responsible manner
- Develop synthetic plans, design and run experiments to test the suitability of varying chemical waste streams for scaled-up process utilization
- Troubleshoot and optimize existing treatment processes
- Utilise analytical methods to enhance and improve existing processes to reduce cost and increase reliability, discharge, process compatibility and safety
- Work in conjunction with site operations management teams as necessary across multiple Enva Facilities
- To ensure all necessary paperwork is completed e.g. logbooks, batch records relating to treatment processes and to maintain records for the EPA and waste management license as required
- Work in conjunction with New Business Development Director on liquid treatment growth opportunities within the business to ensure new waste streams or processes are compatible with chemical treatment and operational capabilities.
Key Requirements & Qualifications Desired:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role essential.
- Third level qualification in a Science related discipline.
- To act courteously and communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, Enva personnel and other personnel encountered within your role.
- To act across multiple Enva Facilities and maintain regular communications with site operational management as required
- To foster and develop good customer and public relations at all times and to portray a professional image of the company
- To demonstrate a willingness to promote the positive development of the business to all stakeholders of the business including customers but also extending to staff, contractors, EPA, HSA etc.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be modified as appropriate to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the business
If you have any queries about this role, please contact Hiring Manager
If you are interested in applying for this position and becoming part of this great team, hit apply below!