Cooling tower operators are responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the tower including the control of microbial growth (Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Legionella spp), biofilm build-up and the build-up of mineral deposits. The most common approach to this problem is the use of a variety of chemicals – partially toxic – such as biocides, corrosion inhibitors and hardness stabilizers.
Enva, together with our partner Enviolet, can provide an effective alternative where the closed-loop water in cooling towers is conditioned by combining high energetic UV-lamps with the addition of minimal amounts of hydrogen peroxide . The approach offers many technical and economic advantages
Advantages of UV/H2O2:
- Reduced number & volume of Chemicals Required
- Reduced Corrosion or Increased Salt-Load
- Elimination of Bromine and chlorine based biocides.
- No Build-up of Bio resistances
- No separate treatment of blow-down water required (No AOX)
- Lower Operating Costs
- Environmentally Friendly