Portlaoise, Republic of Ireland
A vacancy has arisen for an Accounting Technician within our Finance Department based at Portlaoise. The successful candidate will be an individual who possesses a positive “can do” attitude and has excellent communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Responsible for the accounts payable invoice processing and maintaining the invoice logs (including proactively managing the return of purchase invoices and ensuring queries are resolved on a timely basis)
- Processing, assigning nominal codes and reviewing purchase invoices in line with the purchasing matrix
- Updating fixed asset registers, issuing capex POs, monitoring capex spend & updating capex disposal forms
- Responsible for the group capex budget and forecast file
- Supplier reconciliations and assisting with the payment run
- Journal preparation and posting for example depreciation or other monthly accruals journals
- Month end reconciliations to Balance Sheet and aiding in the production of month end files
- Responsible for RCT notifications to Revenue
- Monitoring the canteen spend and cleaning to ensure service standards are maintained
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Credit card reconciliations
- Ad hoc Reception cover and other administrative duties as required
Key Requirements & Qualifications Desired:
- Accounting Technician Qualification or a business-related qualification is desirable
- Previous accounts experience essential; experience in maintenance of fixed asset registers a distinct advantage
- Excellent computer literacy with strong working knowledge/ experience in Excel and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent numeric and organisational skills
- Knowledge of double entry postings
- Ability to work methodically through problems with an attention to detail
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on an individual basis and part of a team
The above description is a general outline of the requirements of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and may be added to in the future depending on the needs of the business.
If you have any queries about this role, you can contact Martina Moroney, Finance Supervisor.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to Sean Doyle, HR Manager on or before the closing date of Wednesday 08th May, 2019.