Business Development Assistant
Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, employing over 1,400 people at locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland. With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
Our site in Nottinghamshire, Enva England Specialist Waste, is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services to the UK's motor vehicle franchise network. Offering a wide selection of services, we are the total waste partner to a variety of industry sectors.
Due to continuous growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Assistant to join our Sales team.
Grow sales by increasing the customer base and delivering more services to existing customers.
As an office-based Sales Representative you would be required to raise the awareness of Enva Specialist Waste and the services provided on both a Regional and National basis through targeted and consultative approaches.
Your role would be initially to develop new business opportunities within the target geographies, mainly within the following sectors;
• Franchised and Service Sector
• Agricultural, Plant and hire
• Industrial and Handling
• Travel and Passenger Sector
• Pay as You Go
• Research potential customers and business sectors to ensure you are well informed and gain a thorough understanding of customer requirements.
• Proactively prospect to identify and maintain a strong pipeline of potential new business opportunities.
• Build relationships with potential new clients and clearly identify their requirements with the intent to offer all services.
• Research and establish the Enva listing on national tender lists for all sectors.
• Strategically target and develop Pay As You Go and regional new business.
• Achieve pre-agreed new business targets as set by the Sales Director.
• Complete Monthly / Weekly Activity reports to summarise performance submitted to the Sales Director.
• Cold call as appropriate within targeted geographies and sectors to establish and grow a robust pipeline of continual opportunities.
Knowledge, Training, Experience, Technical and Personal Skills:
• Proven experience working in a business development / call centre role.
• Proven track record in professional software telesales from first contact through to closure i.e. not straight product sales.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in particular, the ability to lead and control a phone discussion and close sales.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective and positive working relationships within and outside of the department.
• Dedicated approach and self-starter, with ability to work autonomously.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively and to plan and manage own agenda.
• Highly focused on delivering results and objectives with a strong personal commitment to supporting the business in achieving its goals in a changing environment.
• Strong PC and technical knowledge and skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your current CV to email@example.com
No agencies please.