Business Development Manager (Tenders)
Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, employing over 1,400 people at locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager (Tenders) to join the Sales team based at our Linwood site. This is a full-time, permanent role.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the main aim of the role will be to deliver national growth, focusing on new business within the Commercial and Industrial sectors in the East, creating long-term value for the Group.
Key Roles and Responsibilities will include:
• Achieve and exceed sales targets
• Create, develop and manage sales pipeline to identify current and future tender opportunities
• Create and develop strong working relationships with potential clients
• Develop and manage Annual Business Plan and Strategy
• Utilise network opportunities within the C&I business community
• Prepare and submit all PPQ and RFI responses, managing the tender process
• Developing the tender library
• Submit all reports in a timely manner as directed by the Head of Sales
• Attending sales meetings as directed
• Fully understand the potential customer base
• Manage the area with regard to travel planning and meetings, being mindful of effective time management
• Monitor competitor activity and market conditions reporting key activity, developments and issues as necessary
• Participate in sales and corporate events as necessary
• Develop strong internal business relationships, in particular with the Senior Business Development Manager (Tenders) for the West, National operational team, peers and support functions within the business, maintaining effective communication channels and working together to maximise sales opportunities and resolve issues
• Develop and articulate an effective sales proposition. Conduct professional customer appointments, achieving a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and maximising sales opportunities
• Respond to sales enquiries by phone, electronically and in person
• Achievement of sales KPIs surrounding appointments, cold calls, pipeline etc.
• Deliver customer service excellence and innovation in our proposals
• Manage all opportunities from qualification through to contract award
• Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
• Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
• Liaise and build relationships with departmental heads to obtain all necessary detail on their area of expertise for integration within proposals
• Understand and tailor bid applications appropriately, creating bespoke responses for each submission.
Essential competencies and experience:
• Tender management and bid writing
• Strong IT skills
• Excellent commercial acumen
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Driven and tenacious
• Commitment to exceeding targets
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Considerable sales experience of working at a senior level selling services
Desirable competencies and experience:
• Knowledge of the waste industry
• Experience of selling national waste services
There will also be a requirement for travel throughout the UK as part of the role.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you believe that you should be considered for this role to Careers.Scotland@enva.com.
Closing date for applications is close of business on Friday 12th July 2019.
Enva Scotland Ltd. Is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.