Exports and Brokerage Manager
Rathcoole, Dublin with regular travel throughout Ireland and some travel in mainland Europe, Republic of Ireland
Reporting to: Director of Energy
Location: Based from our Rathcoole Office in West Dublin, with regular travel throughout Ireland and some travel in mainland Europe (as required to manage relationships with Export partners).
At Enva we are committed to Recycling and Resource Recovery; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We recover waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, full closed-loop recycling solutions. We also provide a complete portfolio of water and waste water services. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
The Successful candidate will play a key role in managing and developing Enva’s Brokerage and Exports Business unit throughout the Republic of Ireland business with responsibility for managing brokerage and export activities from Enva’s facilities.
Enva operates across the UK and Ireland. In Ireland Enva currently employs 340 employees working across 8 locations across RoI and NI.
Duties and Responsibilities of Brokerage & Exports Manager will include:
- Manage the operation of the business unit to maximise sales, throughput and financial performance, and deliver a high level of customer satisfaction for all Enva customers.
- Manage the team and be accountable for the delivery of team objectives, managing priorities and ensuring that individual, team and company objectives are achieved by creating a high performing unit.
- On an ongoing basis manage Safety and Compliance within the unit.
- Working closely with the Brokerage and Exports Commercial Manager, ensure that all commercial components of the Brokerage and Exports business are accurately managed and ensure that the targeted budget for the business unit is achieved.
- Manage the ongoing relationships with Disposal/Treatment Outlets with a view to delivering smooth operations, optimising the commercials agreements (together with the Brokerage and Exports Commercial Manager) with treatment/disposal outlets and expanding Enva's outlet options in order to provide additional solutions for the business.
- Source new export outlets for Enva and maintain data for all outlets including the costs and acceptance criteria by waste type for each outlet and add to and maintain this on an ongoing basis.
- Manage a team of Dangerous Goods Safety Advisors.
- Be accountable for the management of all TFS requirements for Enva Exports.
- Manage the day to day aspects of business improvement and development projects including all operational and staff changes.
- Support the development of Business Operations Procedures and ensure the use of these on an ongoing basis for the purpose of providing consistent delivery of services across the Brokerage and Exports business.
- Work closely with other divisions and Enva facilities to develop an integrated offering for customers and to integrate the Brokerage & Export activities and explore new ways of delivering improved recovery solutions.
Education & Experience required for the Role:
- Successful team management experience and a track record of managing performance through people.
- Degree qualified in a Business or Technical discipline, ideally but not essentially with domain expertise in the Resource Recovery / Waste Exports sector.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a business management role, ideally at a senior/managerial level.
- Proven business management skillset and ideally with an ability to demonstrate experience of managing a process driven business.
- Strong commercial skills and ideally with demonstrable experience of managing a P&L for a business and the ability to take ownership of the day to day financial performance of the business unit.
- Experience of developing accurate and competitive target costs for the operation of a business unit and management of the delivery of operations against set KPI’s.
- Experience of collaborating with and managing supply chain partners both in the development of new business development initiatives and in the ongoing delivery of operations.
- Experienced in the evaluation and selection of suitable partners and export solutions including sourcing alternative vendors in order to broaden a service offering for a business.
- Ability to identify risks to the ongoing delivery of a service and ensure that costs and responsibilities are clearly apportioned and documented with all business partners.
Key Competencies required for the Role:
- Management and leadership skills with a collaborative approach.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative.
- Negotiation and business development skills.
- Can-do attitude.
- Collaborative, open style of management.
An attractive and competitive total compensation package is available to successfully recruit the high calibre person required for this role.
If you are interested in joining our fantastic organisation and playing a key role in the direction of same, please hit apply below!