Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire, England
Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, with locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
Our site in Nottinghamshire, Enva England Specialist Waste Ltd, is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services to the UK's motor vehicle franchise network. Offering a wide selection of services, we are the total waste partner to a variety of industry sectors.
Finance Assistant - the Role
The successful candidate will be required to provide day to day support to the finance department for all treasury responsibilities.
Reporting to the Finance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be provided with comprehensive training and on-going support from their colleagues. The role offers an opportunity for the right candidate to enhance their experience in a positive, growing and innovative customer services environment.
Finance Assistant - Key Responsibilities:
• Importing the bank statement on a daily basis and reconciling petty cash on a weekly basis
• Entering daily banking receipts onto the accounting system utilising customer remittances where available to allocate against Customer Invoices
• Processing of customer cheque payments and account allocation
• Process refunds as and when required
• Bank receipt query resolution and unallocated cash query allocation
• Bacs Payments posting
• Cheque Payments processing and posting
• Printing Customer remittances for receipt reconciliation
• Entering petty cash vouchers on to the Accounting system
• Reconciling petty cash
Knowledge, Training, Experience, Technical and Personal Skills:
• Experience in Bank reconciliations
• Experience in control account reconciliation
• Have an enthusiastic customer service focus with a determination to resolve customer issues first time
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong telephone manner
• Ability to deal with non-finance queries in a confident manner
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively, plan and manage own workload and work calmly under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• A flexible attitude to the team’s work, including a willingness to reprioritise and undertake additional tasks if required
• Friendly personality and team player
• Must demonstrate high levels of integrity and adopt a professional approach in all interactions – should be transparent, open and honest in all dealings
• Strong PC and technical knowledge and skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
• Previous experience within a Treasury Department preferred but not essential
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org