Health and Safety, Environmental (HSE) Coordinator – Full Time Permanent
Cork/ Portlaoise, Republic of Ireland
Operations Manager (Water and Industrial Services)
Enva Water Services / Enva Industrial Services
Main purpose of role
Leading the day to day coordination of health, safety and environmental (HSE) for the Water Services site in Ringaskiddy, including client site Industrial Services.
The role will involve all aspects of HSE and will act to support the Operations team in all aspects of HSE.
This role requires a significant degree of initiative and management of one’s own time and workload. It will suit an individual whose job satisfaction is derived from their ability to work autonomously, innovatively and within a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day management of HSE systems and standards for Enva’s Water Services (Cork facility) & Industrial services, reporting of any issues to the Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Generate, review and update documents such as standard operating procedures, method statements and risk assessments (both operational and chemical) with HSE requirements.
- Source and maintain adequate stock of appropriate PPE for staff operating on and off-site, both sites.
- Update and maintain asset manager database for equipment for the site and ensure that all plant and equipment is compliant with statutory requirements, both sites
- Liaise and communicate with regulatory authorities (EPA, HSA etc.) as required.
- Assist in compiling regulatory correspondence and licence reporting/ requirements, both sites.
- Ensure adequate monitoring of safety risks throughout the operations e.g. chemicals, hazardous environments, ergonomics, mechanical, electrical and others as they arise.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the requirements of the Environmental Management System and Safety Management systems (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO9001 where applicable).
- Ensure that communication is maintained to management & staff of key HSE related issues, this includes taking a lead role in weekly and monthly site HSE meetings and forums where the health, safety and environmental performance of the company and division are discussed.
- Monitor HSE performance for the activity through regular site inspections and ensure corrective actions are implemented in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure effective control of contractors while on site.
- Produce reports for management on a regular basis to summarise HSE performance and identify key areas of weakness.
- Develop and Deliver information and training to staff in core safety subjects.
- Maintain records and systems which form part of the integrated management systems, regulatory licences/permits or other compliance requirements relevant to the business.
- Thoroughly investigate and record all accidents, incidents and near misses which may occur. This includes ensuring effective root cause analysis has been carried out and corrective actions identified.
- Promote a strong safety culture among staff through development of safety initiatives and regular communication forums.
- Liaise and assist the Group HSE Manager regarding HSE issues as and when required.
- Maintain, monitor and ensure progress on internal audits required to be carried out. Ensure that findings of internal audits are communicated to relevant departments and any issues are corrected as appropriate.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience Required
- Third level qualification in health and safety / science/ engineering related discipline
- Relevant hands on experience in a similar environment (e.g. manufacturing/ operational/project management) is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- PC literate; Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, E-mail etc.