HSEQ Systems Specialist
Flexible, Republic of Ireland
Atwe are committed to ; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We recover waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, full closed-loop recycling solutions. We also provide a complete portfolio of and services. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the continued development of Enva’s expanding Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) management system. You will report directly to the HSEQ Manager with an aim to further develop risk mitigation and prevention strategies across our company’s current 8 operational locations on the island of Ireland.
The successful candidate must have high level of IT literacy and competence as the role will require the applicant to be involved in the development of IT solutions (applications) for the maintenance and continued development of the HSEQ management system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ongoing management and development of the HSEQ management systems to optimise it’s efficiency and maximise its effectiveness.
- Management and development of HSEQ software management tools to improve the performance of Enva’s Health, safety environmental and quality management system (i.e. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001). This will include improvements to existing systems/ applications currently in place and the implementation/development of new systems/applications. Examples include, document control, training, accident/incident investigation, auditing, asset management, checks and inspections etc.
- Organising and leading and documenting internal audits and inspections throughout the business.
- Assist the HSEQ Manager and individual business units with accident and incident investigation to ensure effective learning, root cause analysis and close out of such events.
- Develop and deliver training to various stakeholders throughout the business as required (e.g. use of applications, management systems or other HSEQ training as required
- Assist in the assessment of risk across all business units to ensure effective implementation of appropriate control measures.
- Assist the HSEQ manager in the development of HSEQ system controls as required throughout various business units or through group initiatives.
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all HSEQ work practices throughout the business e.g. the development of campaigns to improve awareness, development of initiatives to promote and increase compliance throughout the organisation.
- Ensure the integrity of data within management system applications, development and production of reports to drive a continuous improvement culture.
Key requirements and qualifications desired
- High level of IT literacy and competence, in particular understanding application work flows and data systems.
- An energetic, progressive, can do attitude with proven capabilities.
- Experience in or a good knowledge of Health, Safety Environmental and Quality management systems is a distinct advantage.
- Strong report (and procedure) writing skills;
- You must have a flexible approach and attitude to your work with the ability to prioritise your workload and be able to respond to changing situations.
- Excellent communicator and an ability to work with personnel at all levels of the organisation.
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Full Driving licence
- Willingness to routinely travel nationally and occasionally internationally;