Junior Operations Manager
Based in Portlaoise with some travel throughout Ireland as required, Republic of Ireland
At Enva we are committed to Recycling and Resource Recovery; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We support the life cycle of waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, closed-loop recycling solutions. We also provide a complete portfolio of water and waste water services. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
This role may suit an engineer/environmental scientist looking to work within the water or waste water sector. Reporting to the Soils Operations Manager responsibilities in this varied role will include;
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Ensuring continued compliance with EH&S legislation surrounding contaminated land
- Assist in day to day management of key client contacts
- Environmental monitoring (e.g. sampling and analysis)
- Client liaison including keeping clients updated, responding to client queries and meeting client reporting requirements
- Liaison with contractors, regulatory bodies and other stake holders
- Compliance with the conditions of EPA issued I.E.D. Licences and ISO14001 certified E.M.S.
- Operations management including management of contractors.
- Co-ordination of logistics required to ensure smooth delivery of projects
- Preparation and recording of waste tracking documentation
- Management of projects from commencement to conclusion including all EH&S, logistics and financial management
- On-site supervision of aspects of project delivery
- General administration
- Ensuring best practice is adhered to in the day to day operations of the division
Key Requirements & Qualifications Desired:
- A qualification to NFQ level 8 or higher in a Business, Science, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar or related role
- Good interpersonal skills to build relationships within the existing team and amongst clients
- A focus on customer service
- Strong technical ability and an understanding of the importance of compliance with environmental and H&S legislation
- Familiarity with existing EH&S legislation
- Administrative capabilities that enable efficient and effective reporting of the activities of the contaminated land division to both internal and external customers
- An ability to work on one’s own initiative, alone or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- An attention to detail ensuring information provided internally and externally is accurate and complete
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Full, clean driving license.
- Flexible for nationwide travel.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be modified as appropriate to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the business
Remuneration: Attractive compensation and benefits package available to include fully expensed company vehicle, lap top, mobile phone etc
Please hit apply below if you are interested in this opportunity.