Linwood, near Glasgow, Scotland
Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, employing over 1,600 people at locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland. With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste-water services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager based at our Linwood site. This is a full-time, permanent role.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing a multi-shift materials recovery operation across six processing areas, leading and developing their teams to ensure safe and efficient operations whilst meeting productivity and quality targets. Recycling or waste industry experience is advantageous but not essential. The role would also suit someone from a production or material processing management background with a focus on continuous improvement.
Key Roles and Responsibilities will include:
• Leading and developing the operations and engineering teams
• Promoting safe working practices and a positive safety culture throughout the site
• P&L responsibility for the site including involvement in budgeting, analysis, and forecasting
• Maintaining compliance with waste management licences, consents, and other statutory requirements
• Ensuring effective planning, execution and recording of processing activities and material movements
• Identifying and implementing process improvements. Optimisation of work patterns and resources
• Ensuring effective plant maintenance, compliance with inspection regimes and critical spares inventory
• Staff payroll, recruitment, induction and performance appraisal
• Ensuring staff training and competency requirements are identified, delivered, and maintained.
The right candidate will demonstrate:
Experience and Qualifications:
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you believe that you should be considered for the role to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is close of business on Friday 10th September 2021.
Enva Scotland Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
No agencies please.
Enva processes data to provide: