Shannon, Republic of Ireland
At Enva we are committed to Recycling and Resource Recovery; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We recover waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, full closed-loop recycling solutions. We also providea complete portfolio of water and waste water services. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
The successful candidate will play a key role in managing the intake, compatibility and batch analysis for the treatment of chemical wastes within the facility as required whilst also ensuring compliance with the facility waste licence in terms of discharge and emissions. The role includes aspects of laboratory and process optimization in accordance with the company growth strategy through direct involvement in the management of administrative and analytical requirements, waste stream compatibility analysis and knowledge of process capabilities.
Reporting to the Business Manager, responsibilities in this varied role will include;
- Utilise analytical methods to enhance and improve existing processes to reduce cost and increase reliability, discharge, process compatibility and safety.
- To understand the treatment processes in Shannon
- To devise and assist in prescribing process strategies for varying chemical wastes in a safe, competitive, cost effective and responsible manner.
- To understand and determine batch processing/recipe/compatibility and provide feedback to assist in the pricing of waste for treatment
- Provide input on all liquid treatment growth opportunities within the business to ensure new waste streams or processes are compatible with chemical treatment and operational capabilities.
- Management of site discharge including treated discharge from treatment processes along with all effluents generated on site and ensure reporting to EPA is completed in a timely manner in accordance with licence.
- Monitoring and maintenance of discharge monitoring equipment including online pH and flow meters, scrubber system, and software for same.
- To report and investigate root causes of deviations from required environmental standards / regulations
- To act courteously and communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, Enva personnel and other personnel encountered within your role
- To act across multiple Enva Facilities and maintain regular communications with site operational management as required
- To foster and develop good customer and public relations at all times and to portray a professional image of the company
- To report for work in a timely manner and to conduct work as scheduled
- To remain flexible at all times within reason to support operations team achieving site targets.
- To work within the instructions and procedures of the Company’s systems as directed by your
- Manager or other management as appropriate
- To conduct all duties in a constructive and productive manner aligned to the interests of the
- company and management.
- To act diligently and professionally in the interests of the Company.
- To demonstrate a willingness to promote the positive development of the business to all
- stakeholders of the business including customers but also extending to staff, contractors, EPA, HSA etc.
- To demonstrate the company values at all times, i.e. Flexibility, Action, Customer Driven and Trust
If you are interested in applying for this position, apply to email@example.com and include a CV and Cover letter outlining your experience.