Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Advisor
Enva Group is a leading waste management, recycling and resource recovery business based in the UK and Ireland employing 1,100 people across 23 operational facilities in the UK and Ireland. It is focused on the industrial, commercial, construction and public sectors, operating in the specialist hazardous and non-hazardous sectors.
Enva Scotland Limited, formerly trading as William Tracey Limited, is looking for a QHSE Advisor to join the team based at our Head Office in Linwood.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide direct assistance to the Head of QHSE in the preparation, development and maintenance of the existing QHSE management systems.
- Advise on all matters pertaining to the safety, health and well-being of all personnel on-site (including visitors and contractors) as well as ensuring the company meets its moral and legal responsibilities with regards to QHSE.
- Interpret legislative requirements, as well as national/international standards, with the ability to incorporate into company processes, procedures and policies, and communicate to the senior management and workforce.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment. Apply Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems.
- Have a proactive practical approach, giving solution based QHSE guidance to operational staff.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Be responsible for own safety and the safety of others within the work place, working in a safe, tidy and efficient manner, assisting in maintaining safety within the work place.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- Knowledge of recognised standards, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001.
- Excellent investigative and report writing skills.
- NEBOSH Diploma (Occupational Health and Safety) or other equivalent QHSE discipline.
- Lead Auditor Training in, ISO14001 or ISO 45001.
- Environmental qualification.
- Chartered member of IOSH or working towards.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing in a QHSE role.
- Preferred, waste management, construction, heavy engineering or chemical background.
Please forward your CV, with a cover letter detailing why you are suited to the role for which you are applying.
No agencies please