Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, with locations throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland. With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior QHSE Advisor to join Enva Scotland's Recycling business. The Senior QHSE Advisor will work across several depots in Scotland providing specialist advice to employees and managers at various levels. The job holder will adopt a proactive practical approach, giving solution based QHSE guidance to operational staff. In addition, the job holder will promote a culture of continuous improvement and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing direct assistance to the Head of QHSE in the preparation, development and maintenance of the existing QHSE management systems, including documentation to comply with relevant ISO standards
• Advising divisional personnel to ensure Enva carries out its business in accordance with relevant environmental permits
• Advising and supporting managers and supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors and customers
• Interpreting legislative and national standard requirements, with the ability to incorporate findings into company processes and communicate to management and the workforce
• Auditing workplaces to provide managers with the assurance that work is being carried out in accordance with company policy, procedures and the relevant statutory provisions
• Developing and, when required, delivering health and safety training
• Conducting risk assessments across a variety of operational and health & safety areas
• Leading incident investigations and identifying suitable improvements to prevent reoccurrence
• Analysing data to identify trends and making recommendations for improvement
• Developing and implementing QHSE projects, campaigns and improvement plans
• Liaising with external bodies and enforcement authorities.
The successful candidate will possess:
• NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
• Knowledge of recognised standards, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001
• Excellent investigative and report writing skills
• Experience of reporting on key data
• A professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Strong IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Ability to work on their own initiative
• Ability to work cooperatively with others to complete tasks.
• NEBOSH Diploma (Occupational Health and Safety) or other equivalent QHSE discipline
• Lead Auditor Training in, ISO14001 or ISO 45001
• Environmental qualification
• Chartered member of IOSH or working towards.
Minimum of 3 years of experience performing in a similar role.
This experience will preferably be gained in the waste management, construction, heavy engineering or chemical sectors.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
No Agencies Please
Enva Scotland Ltd. Is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.