Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, employing over 1,400 people at locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
Our site in Nottinghamshire, Enva England Specialist Waste Ltd, is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services to the UK's motor vehicle franchise network. Offering a wide selection of services, we are the total waste partner to a variety of industry sectors.
Due to continuous growth, an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Transport Supervisor to join our busy transport team. The successful candidate will support in the day to day Management of the Transport Department ensuring that the Transport operation runs smoothly and professionally.
Daily tasks will include the supervision, leadership and measuring of employee performance, allocating driver tasks whilst ensuring compliance with O’licence obligations, and maintaining all vehicles in safe working order. Ensuring all defects is actioned accordingly and delegated tasks to you are followed through. You will utilise, compile and produce reporting using databases that record transport activities and employee schedules.
The Management team will rely on you to train/educate drivers and employees in departmental systems, policies, procedures, and sharing information about new or altered compliance obligations with reference to O’licence. In addition, you must serve as point of contact for customers and drivers, forming relationships and addressing promptly any complaints in a professional manner with timely resolves and solutions. You will be expected to work independently and collaboratively off your own drive, ensuring full operational delivery is completed to acute standards.
• Directly accountable for all matters relating to the full compliance for Transport Operations in support of business tasks in accordance with current and new contracts, Government and Company practices, processes, procedures and regulations in consultation and partnership with the Senior Planning and Traffic Lead.
• All matters relating to the lawful operation of the entire fleet and equipment’s in accordance and compliance with current Government and Company practices, processes, procedures and regulations in consultation and partnership with the Senior Planning and Traffic Lead.
• Ensure full management of staff within your AOR. (Appraisals - Mid-term and annual, Disciplinary, wellbeing, performance and investigations).
• Complete departmental management of the daily Transport Operations. Inclusive of all employees that work in this area.
• Assist in the daily co-ordination and allocation of all scheduling, sourcing and nominating team members to undertake early/late tasking’s in support of the Senior Planning and traffic Lead.
• Ensure a full, detailed de-briefs and handovers are distributed to all staff with any other relevant occurrences during the duty period.
• Ensure all required staffs & drivers are informed about vehicle servicing each day and that the vehicle reaches our supplier in the scheduled/allocated times to avoid any incurred no show costs and protecting our O’licence obligations.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following professional skills, knowledge and qualifications:
ADR Licence or awareness
Vehicle Cat holder C – Preferable
Previous experience within a Transport environment is essential
Qualified level 3 in First Line Management
Offering a competitive salary in a growing company committed to our people. We also offer pension contributions and other health scheme benefits including death in service.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com